Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A form of tribute

HELLOOO EVERYONE!
I try to upload at least one post every Monday (or at least once a week), BUT I'm going to try something different and write my own post today. I usually take a while to write one post, but we'll see how fast I can write this one... it is currently....10:48PM!

I want to dedicate this post to all my GGC EM brothers and sisters! Thank you so much for taking your time from your busy schedule to come to my graduation (and being there with me in spirit for those who couldn't come). I was reminded of God's overflowing love through you guys! If I had the choice, I wish I fed all of you guys meeyukgook (seaweed soup)! Why meeyukgook? Because it's soo heavenly, good, and awesome, and you guys deserve the best!

Anyway... Friday, 12/14, was my nursing pinning ceremony. Although it was a day of celebration, I could not help but to feel conflicted. This was the same day as my friend's grandfather's funeral, Connecticut shooting, and brother's phone call from Korea expressing his struggle. In one way, I felt excited and happy to be done with school and in another way, I felt so heartbroken for all the lost souls.  It is so easy to be self-absorbed during this time, but I was humbled knowing that this life is much more than my small achievements. As I was reciting the nursing pledge, I was reminded why I pursued to become a nurse. As a nurse, I have the privilege to humbly, lovingly, and joyfully serve the people God loves. My achievements are not mine to gain for but His glory. I came out of the pinning ceremony humbled, encouraged, and convicted to become a better ambassador for Christ.

Next day (12/15) was my graduation! I thought that I wouldn't be nervous on this day, but I was (especially when I saw Jon Wallace's face across the end of the stage). I don't think nervousness really describes how I felt, but for a lack of a better word, I'll stick with nervousness...or maybe... anxious...or...ecstatic! I am so thankful to God these past 4.5 years at APU. I know that I wasn't the most cooperative person, but He was still faithful and was working in my life during the times of doubt, confusion, sickness, happiness, celebration, stress, and the list goes on... I am so thankful that God has led me into GGC to be plugged into a community where I can grow to be a fruitful Christian, and where I can find rest through fellowship.

I am not sure what my future will hold, but I hope that I will grow to be a mature woman of God.


Now, brace yourself! I'm going to post few pictures from pinning and graduation.


(After pinning ceremony, dad and me)


(Lining up for graduation!)



(So excited to be graduating! picture with my study buddy for past 4.5 years)


(This picture is not appealing, but is so entertaining hahahahaha!)


(We look normal here, but we all should have worn shades like PJulian)


(Our best attempt to open our eyes against the sun)


(take 1)


(take 2... I'm not sure who was taking the picture)


(Sunnny!)


(Thank you brothers for the flowers!)

Well, that is it for now. It is now 12:12 AM... My attempt to write this blog quickly failed, but it is done! Have a good night!

Soli Deo Gloria,

sharon

1 comment: