Tuesday, January 4, 2011

GGCEM Potluck!!!


On the 18th of December, GGCEM held a potluck at Sunny Choi’s house. This was an annual potluck held by GGCEM since the establishment of the group. The Choi family was gracious enough to open up their house for the GGCEM potluck. The night began with the tasting of delicious food prepared by the Chois’. Although it was potluck and people brought food, most of the food was prepared by the Chois’ and they were delicious. After the meal, the members played the card game called Apples to Apples. It was the first time I’ve played that particular game, and it was pretty fun! I think everyone had fun too!!!

Then the White Elephant Gift Exchange ensued. Everyone brought pretty decent and appropriate gifts. I say this in comparison to some of the previous years’ gifts. I particularly remember one gift, a several years ago, which was a used Bugs Bunny Flash light with electrical chords strapped around it’s body (if I remember it correctly)??? I believe that was chosen as the worst gift of that year. However, the year 2010’s worst gift was a T-shirt that had a writing, which said, “I know Jay Kee.” I guess I don’t have to explain who brought this gift. The best gift was the Inception DVD (I think!).

Overall, the night went well, and I believe that the warm atmosphere of the Choi household had a lot to do with the quality of the gathering! Thanks to the Choi family and we’ll see all of you next year!!! Signing off, Patrick!

1 comment: